This is a fantastic opportunity for a Nurse Unit Manager looking for an opportunity to develop their leadership skills. Take charge of this busy aged care residential facility, overseeing a large multi-disciplinary team. You will demonstrate leadership in managing the care team and answering family enquires and concerns. Experience in accreditation and ACFI across aged or acute care is necessary also. Your excellent time management will be necessary in organising and prioritising this busy workload, while your excellent communication skills will be utilised in frequent communication with management and facility staff. You will be well supported by the facility manager, making this also a great opportunity for an experienced aged care RN to step up into a management role.
The Health Service
This award-winning health service has an innovative approach to healthcare, with a commitment to continual improvement of health care practice. Continued education and professional development is highly valued, and management is encouraged to pursue career progression opportunities. This rural health service has three modern campuses which provide acute, community, allied health and aged care services.
You will be based in a small rural community in North-West Victoria, four hours’ drive from Melbourne. This town has a successful sporting community, with an active football league and netball club. The location is ideal for day trips to the nearby Grampains and renowned Victorian wineries. This is a great location for families, with both local primary and high schools. You will enjoy the great country lifestyle this role provides.
The successful candidate will have –
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A solid understanding of ACFI, the Aged Care Quality & Safety Standards and the Safe Patient Care Act
- Experience in managing rosters and workforce needs utilising software to manage schedules & leave requests
- Relevant post graduate training/education in Aged Care or Acute Medical Nursing and/or Leadership & Management or plans to undertake.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Subsidised accommodation for up to 6 months
- Allowances for laundry and uniform.
- Salary Up to $120k plus 9.5% super
- Penalty rates as per Victoria Award
We can’t seem to find the page that you’re looking for!
We can’t seem to find the job that you’re looking for!
Error Code: 404