On behalf of our client which is a well established Health Service in regional Victoria, we are currently seeking an experienced Mental Health Clinician to join a supportive and well established team. This position is Full-time Monday to Friday, however applicants must be prepared to work some shift work and participate in an on-call roster which you would earn penalty rates for.
Working in the Acute Community Intervention Service (ACIS) is a multidisciplinary team provide assessment, suicide risk response and short-term community follow up for its consumers who are presenting with acute signs of mental illness and/or present with significant risks to themselves or others. This position is required to undertake mental, social and physical assessments, treatment and deliver continuing care / case coordination for people with serious mental illness in the community as well as providing support, advice and assistance for external agencies.
- Relocation assistance available
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax – more take home pay!)
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance to appropriate candidates
- Supportive and innovative team environment
- Free Staff Parking in beautiful regional location
- Provide mental health triage, assessments, treatment planning and continuing care planning.
- Provide acute assessment for clients in psychiatric crisis or risk of serious self-harm or suicide.
- Provide assessment and the intake to provide the development of individual treatment plans for clients.
- Case management and case co-ordination to ensure the implementation of treatment plans.
- Provide comprehensive reviews and appropriate client transfer/discharge procedures.
- Provide support, information, and education to family members, carers and significant others.
- Facilitate individual and group therapy and psycho-education sessions to clients, carers and families.
- Work in conjunction with key stakeholders, such as GPs and Community Health Services.
- Work under protocols that facilitate best practice in the early prevention, early detection and intervention.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external service providers to ensure the most appropriate care and service is provided clients.
- Completed Bachelor or Masters in Social work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Nursing.
- Demonstrated experience in direct clinical care to people who have experienced mental illness.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Recovery-based principles.
- A commitment to Mental Health & Wellbeing promotion within the community.
- Working knowledge of the relevant Mental Health Act and associated regulatory frameworks.
- Highly developed skills in assessment, planning/intervention including CBT & crisis management.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, including inter/intra agency joint case work.
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients and liaise with relevant family members.
- Liaise with a broad range of health professionals, and community agencies.
- Experience in assessment, crisis assessment and intervention, counselling and psychosocial rehabilitation.
$80K – $110K based on specialty and experience in Acute Mental Health.
The positions are classified as an RN3, SW2, OT2 or Psych2 under the Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement.
Interested? We would love to hear from you:
Simply ‘Apply Now’ or email your CV to Chloe.Scott@cmr.com.au or call Chloe Scott in the Social Care Team 0731712929 (Option 2).
We can’t seem to find the page that you’re looking for!
We can’t seem to find the job that you’re looking for!
Error Code: 404